Jana

Jana

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Make Your Own: Scented Room Spray

As part of my Make Your Own series,  I attacked the task of making my own Scented Room Spray. I got the idea from Under the Table and Dreaming, and frankly, I didn't change anything about it to make it my own recipe. I even used the same kind of bottle she used (an old Victoria Secrets body spray bottle). So none of this is mine, but the review at the end is entirely mine. :)

Scented Room Spray (this recipe is good for one VS bottle)

Ingredients: 

  • 4 ounces of Distilled water (not sure why it has to be distilled, but it was only 1.00 at Wal-Mart for a gallon, so I didn't complain) 
  • 2 ounces of Witch Hazel 
  • 1 Tbsp of Scented Oil (I had some left over from when I made Heating Pads for Christmas last year)


Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients. I used a whisk. 
  2. Put a funnel in the bottle you are going to use and pour in the scented mixture. 
  3. Decorate the bottle...or not...
  4. To Use: One or two squirts of the bottle will do....seriously. 


Review: 

I couldn't believe how well this worked! I immediately put it in my boys' bathroom (out of reach, of course) to use when guests come over. Boys are something stinky, so I thought that was a perfect place. 

Will I do this again? YES!! And I am possibly adding this to gifts for Christmas this year. These would make great last minute gifts, something for teachers, or to go in a goodie basket for a newlywed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment