Jana

Jana

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Food: I "Churned" Butter!!!

I bake. A LOT. And my family loves good ole fashioned food (that I make about as healthy as I can). And because of all that, we go through about 1 1/2 dozen eggs, 1 1/2 gallons of milk, and 2 cups of butter each week. So when I just happened by Cooking For Engineers, and a post about making butter, I couldn't resist.   It was so stinkin' easy, and I really, seriously made butter. I mean, it passed my daddy's test. He was amazed!

I didn't really do anything different from the recipe...yet. Now that I know how easy it was, and how delicious it was, I'll be adding my own little do-dads to it to make it perfect for my family.

And the coolest thing about this recipe? I ended up with about 2 cups of buttermilk. That gave me about 1/2 cup to make Anti-Aging Cream and Buttermilk bread. Again, I'm excited to experiment with both to make it my own in the future, but this bread was so moist. 


If you have not tried making your own butter, you really should give it a try. The recipe only took about 15 minutes (and had tips to make cool whip, whipped icing for cupcakes, and so much more!). Don't be afraid. You won't regret it!

Buttermilk Bread and Homemade Butter I brought to home group. That was an entire loaf and an entire "stick" of butter at the beginning of the evening! 


Two loaves of incredible Buttermilk Bread

About a week's worth of Anti-Aging Cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment