Jana

Jana

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday's Crafting: DIY Superman Cape


This past Christmas, I had the pleasure of coming across a great tutorial on how to make a Superman cape. Lucky for me, I have an adorable nephew who is just as daring as Superman himself. So why not make him a cape? So today I'm going to share with you the tutorial I found to make the cape. It was SUPER EASY and only took about 15 minutes to make.

A few things before I give you the link:

1) I didn't have the same type of materials on hand to make it exactly like she said to, but I did have a TON of fleece that I bought LAST winter when it went on sale. So I didn't double side it like she did.

2) I made it big enough for little Connor to wear for a while. I tried it on my youngest son, who is about a foot taller than Connor, and it fit him great! So make adjustments as necessary.

3) I didn't take picture by picture of what I did, so all I have as personal examples are pictures of the finished product. Go to the link for more pictures, ideas, and a step by step tutorial. Trust me, it makes more sense the way she shows it.

Cape Tutorial from The Pleated Poppy


Finished product on my 5 year old son (Front) 
Finished product on my 5 year old (Back)


Connor LOVES it! Yay! 


No comments:

Post a Comment