1. DIY Baking Mix (2 cups)
2. 2 eggs
3. 1 cup and 1 Tbsp milk (divided)
4. 5 fresh strawberries (stem, hulled, and chopped)
5. 1 lime
6. 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Mix 2 cups of Baking mix, eggs, 1 cup of milk. (The regular recipe calls for 1 cup of Baking mix, but since you are adding other stuff, it's best to add a little more mix).
2. Zest lime and add to baking mix, along with strawberries. Mix well.
3. Juice 1/2 of the lime and add to the baking mix.
4. Preheat skillet on medium heat, and make your pancakes as you normally would (butter, cooking spray, etc)
5. While the pancakes are cooking, in a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, the juice of the other half of the lime, and 1 Tablespoon of milk. Taste and add more milk or powdered sugar according to taste. This will be your syrup.
Once you are done, drizzle the "lime syrup" on your plate, place your pancakes on top, and enjoy!
What to do with the leftover lime? Place the halves in a small saucepan and cover with water. Boil on medium heat. This acts as a natural air freshener for your house. It also softens the lime so you can use it for an additional air freshener by grinding it in your garbage disposal.
My family ate this up, and I only wish I had made more! Give it a try and tell me what you think! I would love pictures as well. My family ate it up before I had a chance to take any pics.
Picture provided by the lovely Loren Bradshaw (I almost said, "Harvey!")