Jana

Jana

Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday's Curriculum: Christmas is Here!

So I haven't done this type of post in a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time. Honestly, I let the fact that I ran out of ink (so I couldn't print off any worksheets) keep me from formally teaching my daughter. But, alas, I bought ink (Thank you, Bounty, for approving so many of my online articles!!!) and we are up and running just in time for Christmas. So I'm basically going to post a bunch of pictures and put an explanation with each one. I'll let the pics do the talking.

Note: I use Hubbard's Cupbard and 2 Teaching Mommies for so much of what I do with my kids at home. Both of them have a TON of great resources which include Bible-based curriculum and scripture learning. If that's not that important to you, though, they still have a ton of great things to use. Last year I went through Hubbard's Cupboard's Christmas series, and there was SO MUCH to do that I really can do this with Abigail this year and next year. I did a little with the boys yesterday, and they still had fun with it, so that works for me! I am truly amazed at how much more Abigail is retaining this year compared to last year. Hopefully next year she'll understand just that much more. By the way, here's the direct link to Hubbard's Cupboard Christmas page.

So anyway, here's what we did this week:

Abigail and I made a song book for Christmas that we will be going through in the next 25 days



Their Countdown Calendars: J has math problems, Jed has sight words, and Abigail has shapes. 

Our Count down chain....

Each chain has the date, a key scripture verse, the scripture for the day, and a suggested activity. 




Day 1: Set up Nativity scene, but show that Jesus was God's gift to the world. 

They are checking out the scene discussing who is and ISN'T there. 

They went "looking" for Jesus. J found him (excuse the mess) 

Abigail unwrapped Jesus. 

Jed placed Jesus where he belongs 

They all got some pine straw to make the scene more "authentic" 

Abigail LOVES her Daddy and Daughter Bible Study each morning while I take the boys to school 

Day 2: The beginning of the Angel series for the next few days. Today was about Gabriel telling about the birth of John the Baptist 

We hung our first of many angels we will be making the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment