Jana

Jana

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wednesday's Cleaning: Room by Room Series: The Introduction

So it's taken me two weeks to get this started. I ran into a few bumps getting started, but most importantly, I wanted to ask permission for some of the information I am going to share for the next few weeks. As mentioned before, I participated in a Bible study back in January on the A Virtuous Woman website called "From Chaos to Calm." This study focused on helping women clean up their hearts for God, their hearts for their husbands, their hearts for their children, and then cleaning all the rooms around the house (with a few recipes for bread thrown in for good measure). If you have not checked out this site, please do! There is an incredible amount of information on food, cleaning, crafts, medicines, frugal living, and so on. I spoke to (okay, emailed) the author of the website, Melissa Ringstaff, asking for permission to share the downloads I received during the Bible study. She was more than happy to share her information, and let me know that the Bible study will soon be a book. I am still working out some of the kinks with her, but until then, I wanted to share a few things from her site.

Before I share, let me explain how this new series "Room by Room" is going to work. Each week I will take a room in the house (some rooms may be 2 weeks, depending on the content) and share tips on deep cleaning each of those rooms. I have hinted at a few of things that need to be cleaned in my series "Things You Forget to Clean" (part 1 and part 2). As I learned through the Bible study, though, there is so much that needs to be cleaned in each room, and they all deserve their own post. So next week (if I can keep my ducks in a row) we will start on the kitchen.

With that being said, here are a few things from the "A Virtuous Woman" website that I think you really should check out:

1. A Homemade Holiday. This is a link to her page where she is sharing ways to decorate, make crafts, share "Thanksgiving" recipes, and cleaning tips. I have already downloaded the "Fall Cleaning Checklist" for myself. I am posting this some place I can make sure I get it all done in the next few weeks. I want to be PROACTIVE, not reactive (and stressed out).

2. Compost Keeper Give Away! I love a good give away, and I love composting (okay, I don't LOVE it yet, but I sure would love this pretty compost keeper over what I have now). Check it out! (Hey, dad! This might work better than that old orange bucket you use! Just saying....)

3. Keeping the Sabbath. This was one of my favorite entries in the Bible Study. It opened my eyes to ways to worship the Lord with my family. PLEASE check it out!

4. Keeping House. Skim through these pages. This is the information I'm going to share with you in the next few weeks.

Okay, I think that's it. I look forward to sharing information with you and reminding myself of the things I forget to clean (again!).

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment