Jana

Jana

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tuesday's Food: Pesto Fish

So it's been a while since I've done a crockpot recipe from Stephanie O'Dea's website "A Year of Slow Cooking." But I had fish, and since I don't really do fish, I was looking for a quick and easy fish recipe. Luckily Stephanie was there with her "Sole with Pesto" recipe. Again, I made a few adjustments. So check out mine and check out hers. See what you think!

Ingredients:
4-5 pieces of white fish (I used tilapia because it was on sale at The Pig)
5-6 Tbsp pesto sauce
Parmesean cheese, grated
White cheddar, grated (my new favorite)
aluminum foil


Steps:

  • Mix the pesto (about 1 Tbsp per piece of fish) and cheese (you can see how I had already started this in the background of the above picture) 
  • Lay a piece of fish on a piece of foil and top the fish with a dollop of pesto mixture (Some of them I did a little on top and on bottom)
  • BTW, notice that my fish is frozen? That's right, I got it frozen and cooked it that way. 

  • Fold the foil over the fix. I do this like you would fold the opening of a four-flap box. Just make sure it's "sealed" so juices don't run out (don't want to have to clean up the mess) 
  • Place in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. 

And that's about it! I served mine with wild rice and steamed green beans. It went so quickly that the only  picture I got was a half-eaten piece of fish before I remembered to take a nice pretty shot. My boys ATE IT UP! For serious, they literally were licking the plate and told me I'm the best mom EVER! And I even liked it. 



Give it a shot and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment