4-5 pieces of white fish (I used tilapia because it was on sale at The Pig)
5-6 Tbsp pesto sauce
Parmesean cheese, grated
White cheddar, grated (my new favorite)
- Mix the pesto (about 1 Tbsp per piece of fish) and cheese (you can see how I had already started this in the background of the above picture)
- Lay a piece of fish on a piece of foil and top the fish with a dollop of pesto mixture (Some of them I did a little on top and on bottom)
- BTW, notice that my fish is frozen? That's right, I got it frozen and cooked it that way.
- Fold the foil over the fix. I do this like you would fold the opening of a four-flap box. Just make sure it's "sealed" so juices don't run out (don't want to have to clean up the mess)
- Place in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
And that's about it! I served mine with wild rice and steamed green beans. It went so quickly that the only picture I got was a half-eaten piece of fish before I remembered to take a nice pretty shot. My boys ATE IT UP! For serious, they literally were licking the plate and told me I'm the best mom EVER! And I even liked it.
Give it a shot and let me know what you think!