Jana

Jana

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday's cleaning: Using Everyday Items Around the House, Series Review

So this is my last post on "Using Everyday Items Around Your House to Clean". I wanted to do a little review and point out some of my favorite things I learned. This has really been a great experience for me. I found out all kinds of things and began applying new strategies and money-saving tips around the house. What was really cool was all the tips my friends and family shared. That's the great thing about communities. We are all in this together and we need to share ways to make getting through easier. :) 


So here's what I learned about each post. Please feel free to let me know what you learned or if there is an additional tip I did not mention.

Vinegar (Original post here)

  • Removing carpet stains
  • Making shiny surfaces shine brighter
  • Room deodorizer 

Citrus (Original post here
  • Insect repellent 
  • Fire starter
  • Furniture polish 
Salt (Original post here
  • Dusting
  • Ant repellent (let me tell you, I tried this on some big ant beds before I cut the lawn. I sprinkled it on 2 days before I cut the grass and they were not a problem AT ALL!)
  • Patching up holes in the walls
  • Removes coffee and tea stains
Dryer Sheets (Original post here
  • Mosquito repellent
  • Cleaning burnt on food (I tried this after one of my crockpot meals got a little crusty around the edges. It worked! Woohoo!) 
  • Keeping thread from tangling 
Baking Soda (Original post here
  • Use on camping gear
  • Remove odor and stains from tupperware
  • remove crayon from walls and kool-aid from counters
  • Put out grease fires
So that's it, my friends. I'm sure there are so many other nifty things around the house you can use to clean that will save you time and money. In my research, I found a TON (and I seriously mean a TON) of tips. If you missed a week or forgot, please go back to the original posts, check out what I placed on there, and also check out the websites I provided at the end. I only picked a few from each. You may find something you really can use! 

As for future cleaning series: I am going to start a mini-series (probably only 2-3 weeks) on "Things We Don't Think to Clean". Then I will begin a focus on each major room of the house. I look forward to hearing what you have to share! 

Happy Fall Cleaning! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment