Here's the original recipe.
And here is mine.
Crockpot Fried Chicken:
- 5 thawed drumsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (this is what I'm changing next time. Not sure yet, but I'm changing it)
- 1/4 cup flour (probably going to change this to wheat next time to see how it tastes)
- 3 T seasoned salt
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Shake and bake that chicken. Dump all your ingredients, minus the butter, into a plastic bag, dump in your chicken, and SHAKE!!
- Place your seasoned chicken into the crockpot and pour the melted butter over the chicken. This is how the chicken is going to "fry"
- Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8-10
This came out yummy, yummy. I think it needed a little more seasoning. Stephanie suggested her recipe needed more, so I added more to mine, and I still think it could have used more. The meat fell off the bone, though, and even my non-eater ate the chicken. I served it with steamed collard greens, steamed sweet corn, and a biscuit. It was a great Sunday afternoon dinner that I served on a Monday. I will try this again, with the new adjustments. If I remember, I'll let you know how it turned out.