So here's the list. Beside most will be my comments about this month. Thanks to those have been encouraging!
New Year's Resolutions 2012
- Do a devotion EVERY DAY I'm doing pretty well at this. I don't hit every day, but pretty close.
Organize daily schedule
- Take a break from Facebook one full day a week I've only missed one week, and I remembered halfway through the day that I was supposed to take it off.
- Walk every Wednesday and Friday If I haven't walked, I've exercised some other way.
- Bake bread at least once a week I am AMAZED! I have done at least 1 per week, but averaging 3 per week!
- Go to New Orleans Tax return is going to pay for this!! Yay!
- Go down one dress size Well, I haven't gone UP a size! That's good, right?
- Meatless Mondays. Done! Success! See picture below for one example.
- Speak softer to my children I don't know why this has been so hard, but about every other day, I see this on my NYR board, and I am reminded to see them as precious treasures.
- Be more obvious in my love for my husband This is also hard when you are stuck in a pattern. I have to constantly look for new ways to show him my love.
- Make freezer meals at the beginning of each month I am NOT going to blame my husband for this one, but every time I start, it's just not going to be in the budget. So hopefully February will be better!
Go to lunch with my mom once a monthWe went to McAlisters! (There's the link to the place)
- Pay off a major debt Discussions on which debt to pay off are in negotiations.
- Clean/organize the pantry room Almost done!
- Clean/organize the craft room
- Have the youth over End of February, Taco Party!!
Have the college kids overPizza Night was FUN!
- Make a new friend (not an acquaintance, but a friend) I've got a few new acquaintances that I'm working towards being friends. So exciting!
- Stick to chore schedule Eh, did a decent job here. Some weeks were better than others.
- Stick to reward/consequences chart Ditto above
- Have family worship once a week Fail. Epic fail. We have taken steps to do it tonight, though!
- Take the kids to volunteer at a homeless shelter
- Visit Connie Maxwell
- Find a new hobby I'm thinking I may learn sign language or some other language and teach it to my daughter. Is that a hobby?
Have one sewing project a monthI made me a dress! Check it out here. Promote a local business on my blog once a monthEver So Sweet. Check it out here.
- Get a family photo done (professionally)
- Go to the dentist
Have a date with the husband once a monthHe took it upon himself to surprise me with this! We went to Charleston Beer Works for dinner and then Starbucks for dessert!
- Try a new, exotic food
- Have a successful garden Eh, sort of? I have gotten quite a bit of collards this winter and am preparing for my spring crops this week!
- Read a non-fiction book
- Go to bed with a clean kitchen Almost every night this happens! It's refreshing to wake up to a clean kitchen!
RecycleDone! So exciting to see the recycle bin get so full and the trash bin barely filled!
So how are yall doing with your NYR? Have you been successful? Have you given up? Don't! You still have 11 months to reach your goal! Remember you are a work in progress! I hope that my monthly progress check will inspire you to also work on your NYR!
Below are some pics from things from my list this past month. Enjoy!
|Homemade Sandwich Bread|
|Cooking Jana Banana Bread with my daughter|
|Painted this with some friends. Maybe this could be my hobby this year?|
|My Walking Buddies|
|Meatless Monday: Spinach and Feta Stuffed Calzone in homemade pizza dough|
|Homemade Hamburger Buns for Sloppy Joe's|