Jana

Jana

Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Review: New Year's Resolution progress (Jan)

So I was going to review each week how I've been doing on my New Year's Resolutions, but that got a little overwhelming, and there were some weeks I just didn't do so hot. But I still wanted to track my progress for my own sake and for accountability. And if you are inspired to continue working on your NYR, then I've done my job! :)

So here's the list. Beside most will be my comments about this month. Thanks to those have been encouraging!

New Year's Resolutions 2012

  1. Do a devotion EVERY DAY I'm doing pretty well at this. I don't hit every day, but pretty close.
  2. Organize daily schedule 
  3. Take a break from Facebook one full day a week I've only missed one week, and I remembered halfway through the day that I was supposed to take it off. 
  4. Walk every Wednesday and Friday If I haven't walked, I've exercised some other way. 
  5. Bake bread at least once a week I am AMAZED! I have done at least 1 per week, but averaging 3 per week! 
  6. Go to New Orleans Tax return is going to pay for this!! Yay! 
  7. Go down one dress size Well, I haven't gone UP a size! That's good, right? 
  8. Meatless Mondays. Done! Success! See picture below for one example. 
  9. Speak softer to my children I don't know why this has been so hard, but about every other day, I see this on my NYR board, and I am reminded to see them as precious treasures. 
  10. Be more obvious in my love for my husband This is also hard when you are stuck in a pattern. I have to constantly look for new ways to show him my love. 
  11. Make freezer meals at the beginning of each month I am NOT going to blame my husband for this one, but every time I start, it's just not going to be in the budget. So hopefully February will be better! 
  12. Go to lunch with my mom once a month We went to McAlisters! (There's the link to the place) 
  13. Pay off a major debt Discussions on which debt to pay off are in negotiations. 
  14. Clean/organize the pantry room Almost done! 
  15. Clean/organize the craft room
  16. Have the youth over End of February, Taco Party!! 
  17. Have the college kids over Pizza Night was FUN! 
  18. Make a new friend (not an acquaintance, but a friend) I've got a few new acquaintances that I'm working towards being friends. So exciting! 
  19. Stick to chore schedule Eh, did a decent job here. Some weeks were better than others. 
  20. Stick to reward/consequences chart Ditto above
  21. Have family worship once a week Fail. Epic fail. We have taken steps to do it tonight, though! 
  22. Take the kids to volunteer at a homeless shelter
  23. Visit Connie Maxwell
  24. Find a new hobby I'm thinking I may learn sign language or some other language and teach it to my daughter. Is that a hobby? 
  25. Have one sewing project a month I made me a dress! Check it out here
  26. Promote a local business on my blog once a month Ever So Sweet. Check it out here
  27. Get a family photo done (professionally) 
  28. Go to the dentist
  29. Have a date with the husband once a month He took it upon himself to surprise me with this! We went to Charleston Beer Works for dinner and then Starbucks for dessert! 
  30. Try a new, exotic food
  31. Have a successful garden Eh, sort of? I have gotten quite a bit of collards this winter and am preparing for my spring crops this week! 
  32. Read a non-fiction book 
  33. Go to bed with a clean kitchen Almost every night this happens! It's refreshing to wake up to a clean kitchen! 
  34. Recycle Done! So exciting to see the recycle bin get so full and the trash bin barely filled! 
So how are yall doing with your NYR? Have you been successful? Have you given up? Don't! You still have 11 months to reach your goal! Remember you are a work in progress! I hope that my monthly progress check will inspire you to also work on your NYR! 

Below are some pics from things from my list this past month. Enjoy! 

Homemade Sandwich Bread

Cooking Jana Banana Bread with my daughter

Painted this with some friends. Maybe this could be my hobby this year? 

My Walking Buddies

Meatless Monday: Spinach and Feta Stuffed Calzone in homemade pizza dough 

Homemade Hamburger Buns for Sloppy Joe's 

No comments:

Post a Comment