Jana

Jana

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My shameful addictions...the confessions of an indulgent

This morning as I was preparing for the day, my daughter comes into the bathroom. She immediately cozies up on the toilet (lid down, of course) and watches as I go through my morning routine of a little bit of this and a little bit of that. She picked up a make up brush and began immediately "applying makeup" they way she sees me do on so many mornings such as this. I froze. My mind did one of those things you see on TV where I suddenly saw my daughter at 12 going to school with GOBS of ridiculous make-up. She has a pretty face without it! Why ruin it with paint?! I realized at that moment that I was teaching my daughter, who is 2, to apply make up to a face that is stunning without it. I went for a loooong time without any make up. It's only been recently that I started to do the whole foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, masacara, lipstick, lip gloss stuff. It had become an addiction of mine. And then I realized that I have a lot of addictions that aren't exactly good. Not all of them are bad, and some are good in small amounts, but I have them...just like so many of us. So, here's my list of shameful addictions. I will be tempted to make excuses for them. But since that's what most addicts do, I will not make excuses.

1. Chocolate.
2. Make up
3. Dark chocolate
4. Reading
5. Chocolate ice cream
6. Glee...well, really, tv past 8 pm
7. Lindt chocolate
8. FACEBOOK
9. M&Ms
10. Being right
11. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
12. cold weather
13. chocolate Easter bunnies
14. refusing Barbie in my home
15. Chocolate covered-cream filled Krispy Cream donuts
16. Caffeine (tea, coke, and coffee...not any really over the other)
17. Big words that I really don't know what they mean
18. Fudge
19. The Tudors
20. ::sigh:: chocolate.

Good! Now that I got that out, I'm going to work on moderating and/or eliminating many of those things on the list. Some of them I have been aware of for a while and have started backing off. Many of them I remembered as I was making the list...and I know I have a TON more I didn't think of.

Any of you have any shameful addictions you wish to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment