Jana

Jana

Friday, May 27, 2011

Making Fudge

So I haven't really put anything on here yet that I've made. I've been working on a few things to share. Some of them need adjusting before I share with you, but today I'm working on Fudge and Challah. I'm going to share with you the fudge first.

I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers website. This fudge is very good and incredibly easy to make. You are supposed to put in an 8 x 8 pan, but I put the fudge to set in muffin pans. I'm including the recipe below, but the pictures I'm showing are slightly different than the recipe, and it has changed the texture just a bit. It calls for semisweet chocolate, but because I was short on it, I did half semisweet and half unsweetened. It turned out yummy, but a little more "brownie mix" type of fudge than the hard fudge you can get at The Fudgery or something. Anyway, it's delicious, easy to make, and you should have plenty to share.

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge

1 spray(s) cooking spray   
1 2/3 cup(s) sugar
2/3 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
2 Tbsp reduced calorie margarine, or light butter
12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
14 large marshmallow(s)

  • Coat an 8- X 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
  • In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, evaporated milk and margarine (or butter); bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
  • Stir in chocolate and marshmallows; remove pan from heat and stir until smooth.
  • Pour mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into thirty-six 1 1/3-inch squares and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.

Here's this month's batch: (I poured it in a Williams Sonoma flower muffin pan)



Weight Note: I do not eat one entire fudged cupcake. I cut into 1/8 pieces. If you do that, it's about 3 points for WW (PP). It's very good and perfect for that chocolate craving. 



)  

No comments:

Post a Comment