So below is the list of my NYR (see link above for the original post). See how well, or not so well, I've done.
- Do a devotion EVERY DAY. I've actually done a pretty decent job with this one. Thanks to the help of my app YouVersion Bible, I have 3 devotions that get sent to my phone and email each day, on top of what I already do. Some days I do more than one, some days I get just one in.
- Organize daily schedule. Eh. The last two weeks, I was ON IT!! Before that? Not so much.
Take a break from Facebook one full day a week. I have done this EVERY Sunday! Yay!
- Walk every Wednesday and Friday. Ok, if I didn't walk, I DID do SOME exercise. So this is almost marked off.
Bake bread at least once a week. Although I did not always make the bread I set out to do each week, I did make some.
- Go to New Orleans. In the plans, money is being saved! Yay!
- Go down one dress size. No. And it's getting really frustrating.
Meatless Mondays. Every Monday! It has been fun introducing new ideas to the family!
- Speak softer to my children. Funny. As I was typing for Meatless Monday, I stopped to yell at my kids. Ugh. Still working on this!
- Be more obvious in my love for my husband. I think so. I think I've done a pretty good job at this!
- Make freezer meals at the beginning of each month. STILL not yet.
- Go to lunch with my mom once a month. This month's lunch date got cancelled due to a flat tire. Can't blame ME for that, can you?
- Pay off a major debt. NO comment
- Clean/organize the pantry room. This is almost a daily task.
- Clean/organize the craft room. I actually could make it to my Ab Roller machine, or whatever it's called
- Have the youth over Well, sort of. I had a party for the youth, but only 1 could make it. So...April?
- Have the college kids over. Planning something for March.
- Make a new friend (not an acquaintance, but a friend) I am definitely making acquaintances more important.
- Stick to chore schedule. Eh. doing okay with this. Some days we miss, so we double (or triple) the next day.
- Stick to reward/consequences chart. Nope. And I'm not happy about this.
- Have family worship once a week. We did it one Friday. All the rest of the Fridays have been busy for some reason. I will make it a priority this month.
- Take the kids to volunteer at a homeless shelter
- Visit Connie Maxwell
- Find a new hobby. I've narrowed the possibilities down (painting or relearning sign language or French)
- Have one sewing project a month. I never made it to upholstering the kitchen chairs like I wanted, but I got the stuff to make mine and Abi's Easter dresses
Promote a local business on my blog once a month. Done! See here.
- Get a family photo done (professionally). Found a Groupon for this!!
- Go to the dentist
- Have a date with the husband once a month. :) He is super excited about these.
- Try a new, exotic food
Have a successful gardenI pulled, cleaned and bagged 8 quarts of collards!
- Read a non-fiction book
- Go to bed with a clean kitchen More days than not, this has happened!
So as I review these each month, I hope this inspires you to review what your Resolutions where. How have you been doing? What is keeping you from meeting your goal? Each month is a new month to try again.
Happy Friday, everyone!