Jana

Jana

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday's Food: Kidney Beans Meatballs

Kidney Bean Meatballs


Remember last week when I mentioned having a bunch of this and that left over, and I was forced to find new recipes to use up what I had? Well, this is one of them: Kidney Bean Meatballs. I did some research on how to make a bean burger, especially out of kidney beans, and since I had so many left over from the night before's dinner, I needed something that was going to use them all up and go well with the next night's spaghetti. So, meatballs it is! This recipe has a few components that I found you could use for ingredients, so don't get confused if I say 2 or 3 items for something. Give it a try and let me know what you think! 


Kidney Bean Meatballs

1. kidney beans, drained and rinsed well (I had about 3 cups from the night before's dinner, made from dried beans) 
2. 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
3. 3/4 cup bread crumbs (You can also use Ritz crackers or brown rice as well)
4. 1/8 cup flour
5. 1 tablespoon tomato paste (I used 2 tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce we were using. 
6. 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper`
7. 1 egg
8. 1/2 teaspoon oregano
9.  salt to taste
10. (Optional): 1/4 cup cheese (after we ate the meal, Joe and I decided a little cheese might have been good in it as well)  

1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl to the desired consistency. I used a food processor to mash everything together until it was slightly lumpy. 
3. Form into 1 inch balls and place on a lightly greased (olive oil) pan or stone
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping over once about halfway through.

Easy as that! It was GOOOOOD, my kids loved it, and it was good for everyone. 

Right before they were cooked. 

Spaghetti, meatballs, and (our new favorite) kale chips

 Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment