Jana

Jana

Monday, April 25, 2011

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge

Every woman knows there comes a time to have a love affair. There's nothing like something so smooth, so rich to make you feel better. And, as most of us women know, this love affair can be sooo good, but we feel almost immediately guilty. Oh how we love our chocolate!!

Just last week, I had such a desire. My need for that smooth, creamy chocolate, and my more reasonable need to lose weight lead me to the Weight Watcher's website and something called "Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge" (recipe included below). It was only 3 points!!!...if you could keep to the that stuff out of your mouth! I made this to fulfill my need for chocolate last week, and had enough ingredients left over to make another batch for Easter. I realized quickly that this Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge recipe was not only very good, but very, very bad for my diet. I couldn't keep my hands off it, and found myself doing crunches and lifting weights while cooking just to combat the extra points I was piling on.

So when I made it for Easter, I made a point to pawn it off on anyone else who would take it (I mean, I MEANT to make it for your birthday, Jill!!...yeah....). So, if you want my personal opinion of this recipe, it is very good, and worth the few minutes it takes to make it. It is incredibly easy to make. The kids can help. But BE WARE! It is SO good, you'll be getting rid of it, too! :)

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge


1 spray(s) cooking spray   
1 2/3 cup(s) sugar   
2/3 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk   
2 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, or light butter   
12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)   
14 large marshmallow(s)   

Instructions

  • Coat an 8- X 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
  • In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, evaporated milk and margarine (or butter); bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
  • Stir in chocolate and marshmallows; remove pan from heat and stir until smooth.
  • Pour mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into thirty-six 1 1/3-inch squares and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.

Notes

  • Store fudge in refrigerator. Or freeze for a firmer consistency.

I didn't have an 8 X 8 pan, so I poured mine into a muffin pan, cut it into 1/8 pieces. A serving is half of one of those slices. 


No comments:

Post a Comment